Monday 10 January 2011

I'm running for Oxfam!

I used to be a fitness freak. I was one of those girls at the gym who scorned the painted faces, push up bra and, "Oops did I just drop my weight? I'll just bend down to get it," brigade. Instead, I pushed myself on the cross trainer, got very excited when I could lift the amber weights on the machines and even braved the 'meat head' section. I loved exercise. I loved it so much that at one point I went to the gym everyday just for a quick jog and a sauna to unwind. That was until I got swine flu last year.

I spent 10 days feeling like death, delusional on the sofa with my equally delusional house mate for company/entertainment. After that I found I couldn't breathe deeply anymore. My GP said my chest muscles had been attacked by the virus and would heal. By the time I could breathe deeply again, I'd lost my fitness, could only lift green weights and generally didn't feel like exercising.

18 months later,  I can honestly say in the last 6 months I've only been for a run twice. One time I guilt tripped myself into going because my Uncle (who I was living with) was going to the gym and the other time because I'd just splurged £90 on running trainers.

So in an effort to get fit again, make use of the lovely pink & white running trainers and to better understand Oxfam runners I have signed up for the Bupa London 10,000 in May.

I am running for Oxfam. Feel free to join me or sponsor me. If you do I promise I'll keep running and I'll run a fast time!

Please sponsor me! :)

Determination is Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment